These may include the policies of galleries, risk assessments, government/ public legal rules (Law). And then of course that good old health and safety set of guidelines etc… bla de blahh.
Networks
Local networks, small and large, social networking sites on the internet and in real life, in your own little circles, friends/ family, galleries- in exhibitions, organisers etc. companies/organisations…. It is quite obvious and have already discussed this before but connections are key if you wish to get your work out there. I believe that this is probably the best kind of thing I could do with publishing my work. As my work isn’t some really expensive materiel, a health an safety issue, its not large so I wont have to pay big travel expenses, so therefore for me, I get to miss out much other stuff.
Iain spoke to us about the arts council and he even kindly gave us a reply he received from them from one of his own applications. So we could see their excuses and stuff for not wanting to help him. I believe its just all about getting there name out there with what they may consider are the right people, which I imagine are events/ pieces etc that will be maybe controversial in someway be it good or bad. So they can see their name in the paper for their part played. More money goes out to the right people, more comes in to them I reckon. (opinion, un-researched, so calm down if all hell is going looses in your head to try and argue back your point he he he!!!)
We spoke of what applications may be taken and why an a little on how to write one.
There are so much rules involved with the arts council, lots of steps you need to get through, like tearing through thorny bushes. The more you ask for, the baggier the clothes. The harder the struggle. However if you right up their street, your naked, pasted with lubricant on a slide, lipping through the bushes.
Ellen found that Channel 4 sometimes helps fund artists for documentaries that would feature in their channels. They are interested in ever increasing popularity from the media (whoever the hell they actually are). The documentaries are usually short and are one offs (not series’). Its judged by your little snippet of a film with an awesome proposal/applications. And the funding can be quite handsome.£10,000-£40,000
http://www.towerhamletsarts.org.uk/?s=artsinfo&lang=e&guide=ArtsInfo&type=2&item=2733
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/tags/art-design-and-literature
http://www.tvwhirl.co.uk/images/c42005e.jpg
No comments:
Post a Comment