
The network at the university, I suppose is already the beginning. In fact even college was. I suppose it can be seen as the portal to other experiences involved within your artistic life. For me. All this is so far away from why I wanted to draw. Its just so shut off and is utter crap. Ok it may help in the future. But is natural progression, not more important. Academically minded people lite to research and read, and write and talk and talk and talk about everything art… I feel like they are trying to tell us/ push us to learn about things, people have spent lifetimes learning in just a couple of years. Its all good. Its all to get us prepared for the big tough world but…. I find all this writing and all this artless art research, so creatively and motivationally sapping. Its all too SERIOUS. It has aDULLT written all over it. Just like when your going to do something epic and then people try to scare you out of it, and believe me this happens all the time. I went to Italy on my own last year to meet a guy I had never met in real life and stay at his/ his landlords home for a full week. Everyone was telling me it was ridiculous, and dangerous, they told me how will I get back if I want to come back early, what If I can find him blad de bla de blah…. I got my back pack and went abroad for the first time on my own. These questions need not be answered (FOR ME) until they arise. I have to trust that I will e able to deal with what ever life gives to me. Its kind of living for the moment with an awareness of the possiblitities etc. I had the time of my life. But when I was surrounded by all the close relatives and friends saying such things, it did sap the freshness, the spontaniousness away a little at first. Its not necessarily that your listening to them, its that the negative atmosphere they give off.
Pfft, I want to be inspired by fresh vibrant inspirational-ness, people/ things who have an immense love for life and being alive. I could ramble more. You want to hear more? Feel free to ask me in person mr/mrs/miss/ms whoever you are.
Anyway. Uni also provides, connections, links, other students to commune with, spaces etc
No comments:
Post a Comment