For my art, I wanted to find how a successful (living master) worked. I wanted to know how they got there, to where they are now. Basically, how they got from not being able to draw. To being able to draw/paint. I wanted to know all the key steps that they had taken in between. Not neccisarily so I can replicate them. But so u can see how they went the ways they did, led them to being successful, both professionally and technically. It was then, that I contacted David Kassan http://davidkassan.com/. I wrote to him on a social networking sight and he got right back t e and told we should talk on skype because it was too much of a hinderance trying to write it all down on facebook.
He then actually rang me. I was sleeping next to my pc waiting for the right time to ring him when he had finished work. He lives in America however so the difference in time was quite large. He rung at nearly 2 in the morning but I was more than prepared! I actually recorded the conversation on my phone, so that I could go back at a later dater and listen to him answering again, incase I forgot anything. He was very very kind. Ill not go into the detail of what he actually said as I feel they are irrelevant as the module is about the networking part.
The fact that the modern technology allowed me to speak with this amazing guy was what mattered. I had much more of an access to him through these sites/ applications. Ok, in the past there was nothing stopping me from writing a letter to him. Infact im pretty sure he would have answered. However. The fact that regular letters take too long, and the phone too expensive, would have already been a barrier between the connection we had going voice to voice. It was really down to earth. No sucking up arses, it was me asking genuine questions about something I feel passionate about. As I said. He was a very good man.
No comments:
Post a Comment